ABOUT SAN DIEGO CHRISTIAN COLLEGE
As one of the top Southern California Christian Colleges, San Diego Christian College (SDC) exists to educate and inspire students through the truth of Scripture and the development of competencies that prepare graduates whose purpose is to impact the world.
San Diego Christian College (SDC), as an academic and learning community, aims to prepare academically equipped, culturally and globally involved graduates with a biblical worldview and godly character to serve God.
- Academically Equipped: Educated through engaged faculty in rigorous programs built on outcomes derived from competencies and biblical integration within each discipline.
- Biblical Worldview/Godly Character: Committed to God’s preeminent perspective on life and the realization that He created and enables each person to be a life-changing influence for Christ.
- Culturally and Globally Involved: Inspired through partnership to be responsible stewards in local communities and global opportunities.
Institutional Learning Outcomes
Centered on the SDC Mission and Vision Enable Students to:
- Obtain a foundational knowledge of the humanities, sciences, and social sciences in a life-long learning framework.
- Specialize in at least one academic discipline with specific career and life applications.
- Demonstrate effective communication and social skills.
- Apply critical thinking skills to scholarly, professional, and personal endeavors.
- Exercise commitment to a lifestyle that identifies God’s preeminent perspective on life based on biblical principles and godly character.
- Interact effectively through cultural and global involvement in preparation for a lifestyle of service.
History of San Diego Christian College
San Diego Christian College (SDC) was founded in 1970 as Christian Heritage College (CHC) by Drs. Tim LaHaye, Art Peters, and Henry Morris, who desired to equip students with an education that trains both mind and heart. The first degrees were awarded in 1973. Soon after, the college moved campuses to share a 32 acre complex with Shadow Mountain Community Church.
In 1976 Christian Heritage College was awarded the status of Candidate for Accreditation by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WSCUC) and was given full Accreditation in 1984. The college is also a member of the Council for Christian Colleges and Universities (CCCU).
In 2005, Christian Heritage College became San Diego Christian College and in 2014, SDC moved to a new campus in Santee. While the name and location has changed, the mission remains the same: to educate and inspire students through the truth of Scripture and the development of competencies that prepare graduates whose purpose is to impact the world.