Off-Campus Study Policy and Procedures
Students must have at least a 3.0 grade point average, have completed at least 45 semester units in college, and have the recommendation of an SDCC faculty member to apply for semester exchange or study aboard programs.
Students paying for semester exchange and/or study abroad programs through SDCC will be charged the full cost of all program expenses and all expenses need to be paid for prior to departure.
Institutional scholarships cannot be used for semester exchange or study abroad programs.
- Review approved programs, noting specific program requirements and deadlines for application.
- Meet with your academic advisor to determine how the courses offered in a specific exchange/study abroad program will fit into your overall academic plans.
- File an Academic Petition with the Vice President of Academic Affairs six months prior to expected enrollment in a semester exchange/study abroad program.
- The petition should include documentation as to how the courses taken will fit into the student’s degree plan.
- The petition should include a written recommendation of an SDCC faculty member.
- Petitions will be reviewed by the Vice President for Academic Affairs and the Vice President for Student Life.
- Complete formal application to the program you are interested in.
- Financial Aid eligibility is determined on a case by case basis. Please meet with Enrollment Services to determine Financial Aid eligibility for your program.