SDCC Financial Aid Application 2013-2014
Complete this form in its entirety and submit to the Enrollment Services Office by Monday, March 2, 2013 to renew your SDCC Institutional Aid for the 2013-2014 academic year. All required file documents must be submitted to the Enrollment Services Office by Monday, April 15, 2013 to be awarded by the semester end with priority packaging. Some scholarships and grants are awarded on and first come first serve basis.
City, State, Zip
-Number of Units planned:
Where do you plan to live for the 2013-2014 school year?
(Aid is subject to change if housing status is altered once awarded.)
Grade Level (for 2013-2014):
ELIGIBILITY: In order to be considered for SDCC Institutional Aid, you must FIRST apply for federal aid by completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). California residents who were NOT Cal Grant recipients during the 2013-2014 school year must submit a FAFSA and GPA Verification Form postmarked no later than March 2, 2013. You may qualify for a Waiver of this requirement (see the FAFSA Waiver below).
**IF YOU FILE THE FAFSA, PLEASE SKIP THE NEXT SECTION**
FAFSA WAIVER OF GOVERNMENT GRANTS AND LOANSYou are not required to file the FAFSA only if you meet one of the following criteria:
Check all that apply:
1. You and your parents (or spouse’s) 2012 tax forms Adjusted Gross Income and all untaxed resources (i.e. housing allowance, child support) exceed $100,000 for California Residents. –OR- You and your parents (or spouse’s) 2011 tax forms Adjusted Gross Income and all untaxed resources (i.e. housing allowance, child support) exceed $95,000 for out of state residents.
2. You plan to independently finance your education and have been (or will be) awarded less than $5,000 in total grants/scholarships and are a California Resident; or less than $12,000 for out of state residents. You will also be ineligible for need-based grants from SDCC.
3. You are not an eligible citizen of the U.S. with a valid Social Security number.
4. You received your Bachelor’s degree and wish to waive your eligibility for ANY government aid (including Stafford Loans).
**IF YOUR PARENT IS NOT A CHRISTIAN WORKER, PLEASE SKIP THE NEXT SECTION **
CHRISTIAN WORKER DEPENDENT RENEWAL CERTIFICATIONRequirements and Conditions of the Christian Worker Dependent Grant:
- The student must be a dependent undergraduate (as defined by the Federal regulations for need analysis) whose parent(s) work full-time in a Christian nonprofit organization (missionary, pastor, or Christian school teacher/administrator).
- The family’s primary source of income must come from the parent’s employment in full-time ministry. Volunteer work and other employment income does not apply.
- Must demonstrate need as determined by the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Along with filing the FAFSA, the Federal tax form 1040 and W-2 may be requested to verify income.
Parent Ministry Information:
Name of parent:
Name and affiliation of ministry employer:
Student Certification: By clicking submit, I certify that the information I provided on this application is true and complete to the best of my knowledge. I understand that applying for SDCC Institutional Aid does not guarantee my eligibility for 2013-2014, and that failure to meet the required deadlines for all financial aid may decrease my SDCC Institutional Aid. I also understand that I must contact the Enrollment Services Office if any of this information changes.