Substitute Permit
> Substitute Permit

Substitute Teaching Permit

If you have a B.A. or B.S. and have received passing scores on the CBEST, or you have passed the  CSET plus the Writing section (Multiple Subject candidates only) you can apply for a Substitute Teaching Permit to teach in public schools.  This permit lasts for one year and allows you to teach for up to 30 consecutive days in one classroom.  If you are interested in obtaining a Substitute Permit, you may pick up information in the Education Office.


You may contact the San Diego County Office of Education (SDCOE) directly, either by phone or through the website
Phone: (858) 292-3500 


Bookmark and Share