Communication Department Objectives
The Department has established five departmental objectives for Communication majors. Upon completing the degree in Communication, the student will be able to:
- Students will be able to write and deliver a variety of oral presentations that incorporate principles of scholarly content, effective organization, and delivery.
- Students will be able to apply various communication theories to relational dynamics and current social issues, film and scripture in research, writing, and speaking processes.
- Students will be able to critically evaluate arguments, contemporary social issues, discourse, research results, public presentations, and persuasive appeals through the application of communication theory within a Biblical framework.
- Students will be able to comprehend the dynamics of human relationships and be able to apply principles of effective communication in personal, group, cultural, organizational, and spiritual contexts.
- Students will be able to write and analyze narratives and connect them to their contextual understanding of human communication in written and oral work.