Dr. Henry Morris Leadership Scholarship
San Diego Christian College desires to educate and prepare Christian leaders who will make an impact in the world for Christ. The Dr. Henry Morris Leadership (DHML) Scholarship is designed to encourage the development of leadership skills in students who demonstrate potential and who desire to grow in their ability to lead effectively. Prospective students who currently exhibit leadership qualities in the classroom and community are encouraged to apply for the DHML Scholarship.
Students who are invited to participate will meet with members of the staff, faculty, and administration of SDCC in order to share their personal leadership experiences, goals for the future, and heart for impacting the world for Christ. They will also participate in group initiatives that demonstrate their leadership style and ability to interact with others. Attending the DHML Scholarship Day is your opportunity to earn anywhere from $1000 up to a full-tuition scholarship. Students who are chosen to be a part of the Leadership Program will be part of a 2- year course which is designed to develop leadership skills and encourage involvement in campus and community leadership opportunities. Those chosen will also have the opportunity to renew their scholarship for up to four years. Attendance at the Scholarship Day is required to be considered for a DHML Scholarship.
In order to apply for the DHML Scholarship you should submit the following forms before February 8, 2013 for the March 1st date and before March 15, 2013 for the April 5th date:
- Application for admission to SDCC.
- Spiritual Life Recommendation Print (pdf) or Online
- High school transcript showing a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- College transcript, if applicable. Recommended cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- DHML Scholarship application
- Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), SDCC school code: 012031 OR the FAFSA Waiver. (Submission of the FAFSA or FAFSA Waiver is not required by the scholarship application deadline. However, DHMLS applicants must submit one of these forms prior to being awarded a DHML Scholarship. Final date for submission of the FAFSA or FAFSA Waiver for DHML Scholarship is April 1, regardless of the Scholarship Day for which you’ve applied. However, it is advisable to submit your FAFSA as early as possible.)
After review of your scholarship application, you may receive an email invitation from the Admissions Office. Students who are invited are required to declare their intent to attend the DHML Scholarship Day by February 22nd if invited to the March 1st date, or by March 29th if invited to the April 5th date.
Please note: In order to be considered for the DHML Scholarship, a student is not required to be fully accepted before the scholarship deadline. However, the forms listed above, which are part of the application process, must be received by the following deadlines: February 8th (for the March 1st date) and March 15th (for the April 5th date).
Additional forms are required for acceptance to the college. Please visit the admissions page of our website "Application Forms
" to download the forms necessary to complete your application.
Key Dates for March 1st:
February 8, 2013 - Deadline to apply for the DHML Scholarship.
February 15, 2013 - Selected Students will receive an invitation to DHML Scholarship Day.
February 22, 2013 - RSVP to Admissions Office
March 1, 2013 - DHML Scholarship Day.
DATE TBA 2013- Students will be notified of the amount of the scholarship award.
Key Dates for April 5th:
March 15, 2013 - Deadline to apply for the DHML Scholarship.
March 22, 2013 - Selected students will receive an invitation to DHML Scholarship Day
March 29, 2013 - RSVP to Admissions Office .
April 5, 2013 - DHML Scholarship Day.
DATE TBA 2013 - Students will be notified of the amount of the scholarship award.