Weekly Events and Announcements
February 27-March 4, 2012
Chapel This Week
Monday, February 27 - Couples Panel 2.0
Wednesday, February 29 - iChapel
Friday, March 2 - Megan Fate
Chapel Make-Ups Due Sunday
- The Full Chapel plans allows for 4 make ups per quarter and 4 skips. If you are over in your skips you are encouraged to do use the "Chapel MakeUp" located on our web site MySDCC > Chapel > Chapel Makeup Form
. All chapel make ups for this quarter are due no later than midnight Sunday night!
If you are unsure of your attendance, please check the chapel board in the main hall. Be responsible and keep those chapel fines off your school bill.Spring Break Missions Teams
- Please be in prayer for our Missions Teams over Spring Break! The Joplin, MO team will be gone March 4-9
, and the Rancho Sordo Muno, Mexico team will be gone March 4-7.
Focus This Week: The WASC VisitWhat will happen during the February 28-March 2 on-site special visit?
- The WASC team members will arrive on campus and will first visit with members of the senior administration team. They will also get a quick tour of the campus so that they will know where to find people when they are ready to do interviews
- They will have various meetings with students, staff and faculty members. You may be stopped and asked questions from the consultant/evaluators or you may be asked to be a part of a scheduled group - Be Helpful, Be Honest, Be Proud, and Don't Be Afraid!
- On their final day they will tie up any loose ends in an "exit interview" with the administration. The campus community will be informed as soon as the recommendation and the preliminary report of a visit are given.
Cal Grant Application Deadline -
Remember the Cal Grant application deadline is March 2nd!
Please check your Financial Aid Renewal email for more information regarding applying for this grant. The email was sent to your SDCC email account.FAFSA
- File your FAFSA using the IRS Data Retrieval Tool to reduce your risk of verification! for a tutorial, please visit www.sdcc.edu/financialaid
Dr. Paul Ague Writing Contest
- There is only one week until the deadline for the 2012 Dr. Paul Ague Writing Contest!
Thank-you to those who have already submitted entries. If you have not yet submitted and would like to, be sure to do so before you take off for Spring Break! Entries need to be emailed by Friday, March 2
- Did you know you can complete the Teaching Credential Program in just 1 year after graduating?
Start your credential program ONLINE this summer and finish by June 30, 2013! Multiple and Single Subject credential programs starting June 11! Email email@example.com for more information, or stop by Admin.office #311
Contests This Week
Friday, March 2 11:00am vs. Point Loma Nazarene University (DH)
Saturday, March 3 10:00am @ Point Loma Nazarene University (DH)