Calling all musicians!
We are so excited to share this unique opportunity with you! This year San Diego Christian College is celebrating 40 years of impacting the lives of college students. One of the highlights of our history is the music ministry of our students and faculty through the years. During our Heritage Days Homecoming celebration on February 11 & 12, 2011, we would like to present a concert of music performed by alumni, faculty members, and current students. All musicians who ever participated in an ensemble or a performance on campus are invited to return to participate in this special event.
Did you know that in the history of Christian Heritage and San Diego Christian College there have been over 20 unique performing ensembles and nearly 1,000 students involved with these groups? The idea for the spring is to present a representative sampling of music from all 40 years highlighting as many performing ensembles as possible. In order to pull this together, we need your help!
If you would be willing to plan a trip to campus this February to be a part of this great event, please let us know via any of the contact information below.
How can you help?
- Suggest musical pieces from your college years to be part of the concert to your student leaders and directors to consider for performance.
- Support your student leaders & directors in contacting other musicians you may have contact with from your performance ensembles.
- Commit to learning music from the performing group you were a part of and possibly learn a few new songs for the occasion.
- There will be onsite rehearsals during Heritage Days on Friday and Saturday, February 11 and 12, to prepare for the presentation on Saturday evening.
We hope that you will consider this opportunity to reconnect with fellow musicians here at your alma mater for this wonderful weekend of nostalgia. We look forward to hearing from you. To receive future updates about the Heritage Days Homecoming Concert, please email "HeritageConcert"
with your preferred contact information.
(619) 201-8670 Email
Dr. Donald Ellsworth
(570) 587-050 firstname.lastname@example.org
For updates on the details of the Heritage Days weekend, please visit the SDCC Website.
For more specific details on the Heritage Days Homecoming Concert, please visit our Facebook