Academic Search Premier and the like have improved the results list, detailed view (of a citation), default rankings, and the pdf viewer.
Results List (see sample screen shot )
- The limiters and date slider have been moved to the left column.
- The right has folder items and related information.
- A 'breadbox' tracks the numbers of results, your search terms, search options, and clusters applied to your search
- Detailed record, fulltext on the left
- New toolbox on the right (email, print, folder, etc.)
Default Rankings & Proximity Operator (W5)
- Result List sort now defaults to Relevance (it was date)
- The default search option has changed from phrase (as if enclosed in quotation marks) to terms within five words of each other (proximity).
- Can navigate to other articles in an issue or chapters in a book.
- For a short demo, click here.
Fixing the PDF Viewer
If the PDF opens up in a new screen, you can fix this by the following steps:
Open Adobe Reader | Edit | Preferences | Under Categories, select Internet | Web Browser Options | checkmark Display PDF in browser.